Here you will find information on the current situation regarding the coronavirus:
- Regarding the teaching activities, we refer to the information on the university's website. There you will also find an overview of where you can get tested and vaccinated free of charge on the university campus.
Informations by the SUB
- The SUB Hüsli is open again during the following opening hours:
Monday from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m., Tuesday until Thursday from 11.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The reservation of the SUB-Hüsli is possible, there are no more restrictions. For reservation requests, please contact the secretariat by email.
- If you have any questions, uncertainties, or concerns, we are always there for you by phone or email. You can find all contact details of the SUB here or send us your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For department-specific requests, it is best to contact your faculty student council. Here you can find the contact details of all faculty student councils.
Tips and support
- Financial support for COVID-19 emergencies is offered by the Social Fund Foundation (Stiftung Sozialkasse) of the University of Bern. Enrolled students can turn to the Stiftung Sozialkasse for assistance if they are in an acute financial bind due to the coronavirus pandemic. If there are no sufficient other financing options and entitlements, such as unemployment benefits, cantonal scholarships, or parental support, you can apply for short-term interim payment within the framework of COVID-19 emergency assistance. You can find all the information and the application form here.
- In financial emergencies, the SUB Social Fund is also there to help you! Get in touch with: email@example.com
- The Swiss Foundation for the Promotion and Financing of Education EDUCA SUISSE supports students who are in a financial emergency due to the COVID-19 situation with interest-free loans. Here you can find all information. New: EDUCA SUISSE now also grants one-time scholarships of CHF 3'000 à-fonds-perdu to affected students in Switzerland. You can find more information here.
- The Swiss Student Union (VSS) offers assistance for all students in Switzerland. You can find tips on studying at home here.
- You can find information about Unisport here. Unisport also offers a selection of online activities to help you stay fit at home. You can find all offers and registration options here. Under the heading Unisport@home, you will find lessons that you can do at home.
- With the help of the Office for Gender Equality (AfG), the SUB has created the ILIAS platform unibe@home, where students can network, make demands, exchange problems, give tips, offer and receive support. The forum is accessible to all university members and the contributions are visible to all. Click here to go to the platform.
- The Counseling Centre Universities of Bern (BST) offers students professional support for study-related and personal concerns.
Contact: +41 31 635 24 35. The BST introduces itself: Click here for the video.
- The website dureschnufe.ch shares helpful tips and offers on how you can take care of your mental health.
- Corona and Social Assistance: Information for people in need - download leaflet
Take care and stay healthy! Love, your SUB